Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Importing the actual temperature data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am trying to test my heat and mass transfer model using the actual temperature data collected in the real experiment. As the actual temperature profile data irregularly varies with time, I need to use the collected data as an environmental condition. How can I import the temperature data into comsol and use for simulation?

1 Reply Last Post Sep 26, 2019, 8:14 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Sep 26, 2019, 8:14 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Sep 26, 2019, 8:24 a.m. EDT

You can use Interpolation functions for that. You'll find many threads on that topic in this Discussion Forum, like this recent one. It's also well documented in the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual, which you can access through File > Help > Documentation.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
You can use Interpolation functions for that. You'll find many threads on that topic in this Discussion Forum, like [this recent one](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/243171/divide-boundary-into-smaller-boundar?last=2019-09-26T06:56:17Z). It's also well documented in the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual, which you can access through File > Help > Documentation. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.