Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Frequency domain modal - error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Im trying to set up a frequency response analysis with a reduced model (simple acoustic box cavity). But i keep getting this error from the modal solver

- Detail: Undefined value found in the stiffness matrix.
.There are 62273 equations giving NaN/Inf in the matrix rows for the variable mod1.p
. at coordinates: (0,0.05,0), (0,0.025,0), (0,0,0), (0.0317419,0.0350023,0), (0.0158709,0.0425011,0), ...
and similarly for the degrees of freedom, NaN/Inf in the matrix columns.

I am new to COMSOL, and there is probably a simple answer, however, I have not been able fo find a good example in the tutorials..

Thank you !

/David

0 Replies Last Post Dec 2, 2011, 7:50 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello David Wennberg

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.