Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particle tracking in turbulent flow help.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello readers,

Im quite new with Comsol and I'm trying to get particle tracking to work. I modelled a turbulent flow trough a pipe.

When I create a 2d-plot of Particle tracking with Mass, the trajectory doesnt make sense. It will just go in a straight line from in- to outflow, even if I choose particle mass to be absurd high.

Can anyone help me with this? i attached the file.

Joey

1 Reply Last Post Dec 2, 2011, 11:34 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 2, 2011, 11:34 a.m. EST

These are not directly related but

1-)When you form a union, Do not keep interiour boundaries..You have an inner wall which affects meshing.
2-) Check your particle mass and diameter.
3-)More than 2-3 plots on same page is not much user friendly.

I also had straight lines that even goes thru an obstacle in a channel.

If you are the licensed user, send a message to the tech support.

These are not directly related but 1-)When you form a union, Do not keep interiour boundaries..You have an inner wall which affects meshing. 2-) Check your particle mass and diameter. 3-)More than 2-3 plots on same page is not much user friendly. I also had straight lines that even goes thru an obstacle in a channel. If you are the licensed user, send a message to the tech support.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.