Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in Geometry decomposition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey,

I am essentially trying to create two co-axis rings each with a thickness of 1 mm. These two rings are sitting on a larger disk. I want the inner ring to have teeth that are radially outward of various heights and the outer ring to have teeth that are radially inward.

I have created the ring and placed rectangular teeth, but COMSOL keeps telling me there is a internal error in geometry decomposition. I initially thought that there was just interference between the teeth and the ring so I tried to use the union or difference tool but neither fix the problem.
Is there another probable reason for the error or does anyone know of an easier way to create teeth on the ring. I've attached the current file to this post

0 Replies Last Post Dec 2, 2011, 1:37 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Joshua Hooks

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.