Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Initial values for 2nd time dependant study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning,

I made a time dependant study that goes from 0 to 2600s and I would like to add 400s to extend the range to 3000s. I tried to make a new time dependant study in which I change the initial values to match the latest values from the first study but it does not seem to work. Am I doing something wrong or forgetting something?

Thanks for your help and replies.

Best regards,

Sergio

1 Reply Last Post Dec 5, 2019, 7:29 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Dec 5, 2019, 7:29 a.m. EST

In your second study, you should have setting for the "Step1: Time-Dependant" node something similar to the attached for the "Values of Dependent Variables" settings.

(My example is for a Stationary study, but the principle is the same). Obviously, you change your Auxiliary sweep parameters to range(2601,1,3000) if you want to increment the additional 400s in steps of 1s.

Note that you can combine the 2 solutions (for example if you wanted to animate a plot from 0s to 3000s), by using the "Combine Solutions" functionality.

In your second study, you should have setting for the "Step1: Time-Dependant" node something similar to the attached for the "Values of Dependent Variables" settings. (My example is for a Stationary study, but the principle is the same). Obviously, you change your Auxiliary sweep parameters to range(2601,1,3000) if you want to increment the additional 400s in steps of 1s. Note that you can combine the 2 solutions (for example if you wanted to animate a plot from 0s to 3000s), by using the "Combine Solutions" functionality.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.