Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Use transient solution as initial value for another transient simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

What I want to do: A transient Heat Transfer model where there is a new component added at a specific time, let's say t=180 s. The simulation then continues to end time. Temperature boundary condition is time-dependent.

What I have done so far: My idea is to sun a simulation on a model without the extra component and then use this result as initial value in a second simulation with new/changed geometry. I have tried this in a smaller "test" model: One single file, the same component but two physics and 2 study steps. Step 1 is t=0->180 s and step 2 is 180->360 s. My settings for study step 2 is attached.

-> How to properly use result 1 for simulation 2? Help would be vey much appreciated :-)

Best regards Robert Gustavsson

0 Replies Last Post Dec 5, 2019, 7:58 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Robert Gustavsson

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.