Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

capacitance vs frequency

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I am designing MEMS device and need to find the result in term of capacitance and resonance frequency.
I have trying to obtain that result but the issue still persist. I am using Comsol 4.2A and chose electromechanics(emi) as my physic subject. I followed the tutorial but only 2d example because I need to design 3d object.
My design also including frequency domain and pertubation also. Does anyone know?
Kindly Pls help and guide me.FYI, I managed to find the result between total displacement, voltage but no solution for capacitance.

2 Replies Last Post Jan 12, 2012, 3:29 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 11, 2012, 6:47 a.m. EST
Hi

You have some interesting examples in the model library (do not forget to update it regularly) such as the tunable MEMS capacitor. And perhaps the "squeezed film accelerometer" model in the mems module.
There are more models and webinars on the main COMSOL web site

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi You have some interesting examples in the model library (do not forget to update it regularly) such as the tunable MEMS capacitor. And perhaps the "squeezed film accelerometer" model in the mems module. There are more models and webinars on the main COMSOL web site -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 12, 2012, 3:29 a.m. EST
Hi,

Thanks Ivar

Cheers:-)
Hi, Thanks Ivar Cheers:-)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.