Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Search hiden variable.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.

Thank you for your help and good advice on how to use COMS.

But I have one question esta:
- Can be scan model and look for there certainly variable or expression, and possibly change their values​​.

I mean the hidden variables and expressions.

Thank you very much.

4 Replies Last Post Jan 12, 2012, 4:33 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 11, 2012, 6:31 a.m. EST
Hi

If I understand your question correctly:
You have now, in 4.2, a better and more complete list of COMSOL internal variables distributed around in the pdf doc, try a search.
You can observe them by turning on the "Options - Preferences - Show - Equation" view and look into the lowest level nodes.
In this equation view you can change the expressions, but you must know what you are doing: you have a reset to get back to COMSOL defaults too ;)

You can also, for a solved model, use the "Results - Derived Values - and select a Global variable or an Integration variable" and there in the "Expression" field do CNTRL+Space or hit the red/green >< icon (or the + icon)

And during a solver sequence you might decide to change (sweep) some variables, for this check the doc: Parametric Sweep, there are two types, take acre to understand their difference. More on that already on the Forum, try a search there too

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi If I understand your question correctly: You have now, in 4.2, a better and more complete list of COMSOL internal variables distributed around in the pdf doc, try a search. You can observe them by turning on the "Options - Preferences - Show - Equation" view and look into the lowest level nodes. In this equation view you can change the expressions, but you must know what you are doing: you have a reset to get back to COMSOL defaults too ;) You can also, for a solved model, use the "Results - Derived Values - and select a Global variable or an Integration variable" and there in the "Expression" field do CNTRL+Space or hit the red/green >< icon (or the + icon) And during a solver sequence you might decide to change (sweep) some variables, for this check the doc: Parametric Sweep, there are two types, take acre to understand their difference. More on that already on the Forum, try a search there too -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 11, 2012, 10:50 a.m. EST
Hi.

There is also another problem.
This problem is to I get erreoe messages aboutvariable or expession , but Ican't find where is this erroro is because in place where tihis error is no dos not exists sach variable or is hiden.

Thank.

By.
Hi. There is also another problem. This problem is to I get erreoe messages aboutvariable or expession , but Ican't find where is this erroro is because in place where tihis error is no dos not exists sach variable or is hiden. Thank. By.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 12, 2012, 2:13 a.m. EST
Hi

Sometimes variables call variables and the chain can be long.

My advice: go carefully through your model, check that you have all required fields, and that none are "blank" or red or orange (the latter is a unit warning, not strictly an error)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Sometimes variables call variables and the chain can be long. My advice: go carefully through your model, check that you have all required fields, and that none are "blank" or red or orange (the latter is a unit warning, not strictly an error) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 12, 2012, 4:33 a.m. EST
Some time it is variables is like mod1.icp1.rho but rho is only from msterisl browser and is correct.
there is list of error where is'nt exists i fact.
For example sol1/st1 or t1 but study is stafionary.
Or errors in expression in 2d source .
expresion is pa1/t but must pa*1/T
or ih.Qet but correct is ih.Qeo or Qeo*T

this errors is hard find and correct.

How can I correct this hident or ono exist eoorors.

Thank.
Some time it is variables is like mod1.icp1.rho but rho is only from msterisl browser and is correct. there is list of error where is'nt exists i fact. For example sol1/st1 or t1 but study is stafionary. Or errors in expression in 2d source . expresion is pa1/t but must pa*1/T or ih.Qet but correct is ih.Qeo or Qeo*T this errors is hard find and correct. How can I correct this hident or ono exist eoorors. Thank.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.