Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

diffusion equation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone!
I need to solve a time dependant one-dimentional diffusion equation on a finite interval. Is it possible to alter comsol's internal diffusion equation to add one more term to it in order for a value of the concentration gradient, that is calculated on one of the interval's edges, to be added to it at every point during calculation process?
Thanks

2 Replies Last Post Jan 16, 2012, 4:14 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 13, 2012, 2:30 a.m. EST
Hi

with comol you can edit the proposed equations, or write everything yourself with the PDE and ODE "physics", check the doc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi with comol you can edit the proposed equations, or write everything yourself with the PDE and ODE "physics", check the doc -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 16, 2012, 4:14 p.m. EST

Hi

with comol you can edit the proposed equations, or write everything yourself with the PDE and ODE "physics", check the doc

--
Good luck
Ivar

Hi Ivar,
I understand that I can change the view of an equation. But how can I reflect in the equation that the derivative must be computed precisely on one of the boundaries at each period of time?
Thank you in advance
[QUOTE] Hi with comol you can edit the proposed equations, or write everything yourself with the PDE and ODE "physics", check the doc -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] Hi Ivar, I understand that I can change the view of an equation. But how can I reflect in the equation that the derivative must be computed precisely on one of the boundaries at each period of time? Thank you in advance

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.