Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Acoustic structure interaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, i'm using Comsol 4.2a to simulate a 2D scenario with an air-filled room (10x5) meters, with a boundary PML region (1 m of thickness on the four sides). Into this region i've inserted a rectangular Steel box (6x2,5) meters with a 5mm of thickness.
The box is air filled too. Inside the box i've created a power point source (frequency domain analisys).

In this scenario i want to evaluate the Transmission loss, between the pressure inside the box and the pressure outside of it. In future i want to misurate the displacement of the steel structure and the acceleration of the material.

I have a convergence issue when i simulate this scenario at low frequencies (2-50 Hz) and this issue remains at certain frequencies.

How can i simulate this environment ad infrasound frequencies?

I've attached a Jpeg file with a rudimental image of the scenario.

Thanks for your time.

Goodbye.

1 Reply Last Post Jan 17, 2012, 6:26 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 17, 2012, 6:26 a.m. EST
Hi, anyone on this board uses the Acoustic structure interaction, with a similiar scenario?

I think the convergence issue is related to the very thin plate of the box (the wavelenght is very large) but i don't want to create a box with a thicker plates, because i want to simulate that box, not another box.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Bye.
Hi, anyone on this board uses the Acoustic structure interaction, with a similiar scenario? I think the convergence issue is related to the very thin plate of the box (the wavelenght is very large) but i don't want to create a box with a thicker plates, because i want to simulate that box, not another box. Anyone can help me? Thanks. Bye.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.