Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

comb drive actuator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to simulate a comb drive actuator in 2D with electrostatics , ale, and structural mechanics .The model is similar to that of symmetrical comb drive of comsol 3.5 model file(which is slightly different from 4.0a).And i have cross checked the procedure, yet I am getting errors while solving.

I have checked the associated discussion forums, but i couldn't figure the problem. And I am very new user, so kindly help me out in indicating what went wrong.

this was the error message i got, and i have attached the mph file along.

Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: mod1.emes.nTy_Fes
- Geometry: 1
- Boundary: 9 13 17 21 25 29 33 37 41 45 49 53 57 61 65 69 386 388 390 392 394 396 398 400 402 404 406 408 410 412 414 416
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: d((mod1.smps.d*(mod1.emes.nTx_Fes*test(mod1.u)+mod1.emes.nTy_Fes*test(mod1.v)))*(dvol),{test@1})

------------------------------
Kind regards,
Sharmila Radjasegarane

0 Replies Last Post Jan 21, 2012, 9:22 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sharmila Ra

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.