Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Hollow Cylinder Heat transfer problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am using Comsol 3.2b and I try to do a heat transfer model. I have an axial symmetric schematic. I have 2 cavities filled with water. The outside is defined as Steel and the two parts below simulate Thermoelectric generators (TEGs). The water parameters are given below:

C: 4200+((-4200+2080)*flc2hs(0-T,dT))+exp(-(T-0)^2/(dT^2))/sqrt(pi*dT^2)*333000

k: 0.5+((-0.5+2.3)*flc2hs(0-T,dT))

rho: 1000+((-1000+917)*flc2hs(0-T,dT))

This functions are used because I would like to simulate the water as a Phase Change material.. The total volume of the two cavities is the same as well as the TEG one. Therefore, since we have the same material the temperature output at the top of the TEG should be the same. The boundary conditions are set to thermally insulated for all the surounding except below the TEG where I have the temperature variation. The results are also shown on the pdf which I attach. Do you have any ideas why this happens??? I am expecting that the two temperatures will have exactly the same plot.

Thanks
Alex

p.s. you may also reply to: mail@elefsiniotis.com

0 Replies Last Post Feb 15, 2012, 11:18 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alex

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.