Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to load a group of sampling data as one parameter

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I have an experimental data saved in text files. (Pressure Vs. Time, sampling data)
I want to load/read this file as my source and assign it to one of my boundary.
Now I am using transient acoustic structure interface and I can easily give my time data in the study settings(0,1/99998-1, 1-1/99998 - 99998 is data length and unit in second). However, the pressure data is not linear or having an equation. Is there any way to read my pressure data?

I am trying to load txt in parameter but it looks like impossible. It has to be an equation or one constant.

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestions.

I appreciate it.
Best
Xu

2 Replies Last Post Feb 15, 2012, 6:07 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 15, 2012, 4:42 p.m. EST
I'm not sure it's what you exactly need, but try that:

In Model-Definitions create Functions-Interpolation. Then in Parameters choose Data Source:File and select your file.

This way you can define a function using your data file.
I'm not sure it's what you exactly need, but try that: In Model-Definitions create Functions-Interpolation. Then in Parameters choose Data Source:File and select your file. This way you can define a function using your data file.

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 15, 2012, 6:07 p.m. EST
Dear Alexander,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I will try what you said and let you know.

I have a pressure data as a function of time.
However, the pressure can not be written in a equation format (like random data).
So I can not write my own equation in Comsol. I am trying to see if I can upload all sampling data and save as one pressure parameter..

Thanks

Xu.
Dear Alexander, Thanks a lot for your reply. I will try what you said and let you know. I have a pressure data as a function of time. However, the pressure can not be written in a equation format (like random data). So I can not write my own equation in Comsol. I am trying to see if I can upload all sampling data and save as one pressure parameter.. Thanks Xu.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.