Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Doesn't COMSOL accept complex interpolation functions?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

It seems so...

I have to define the real and imaginary parts separately.

4 Replies Last Post Mar 3, 2012, 6:39 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 2, 2012, 5:49 p.m. EST
I did so by writing like this:
real(f)
imag(f)

where f is the desired function. For example, in my work, I wanted to plot a function which was frequency- dependant. But, I just needed to plot the real part. So I defined it as above in Global Expressions and plotted it easily!
I did so by writing like this: real(f) imag(f) where f is the desired function. For example, in my work, I wanted to plot a function which was frequency- dependant. But, I just needed to plot the real part. So I defined it as above in Global Expressions and plotted it easily!

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 2, 2012, 5:52 p.m. EST
Thanks for ur reply!

But I don't get ur point... I mean define a function from complex data.
Thanks for ur reply! But I don't get ur point... I mean define a function from complex data.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 3, 2012, 5:03 a.m. EST
Hi

you can always enter the ral and complex part separately and combine tem in the equations or with an anlytical function (do not forget to turn on the "can produce Complex data from real arguments)

Test it out with a simple eample to be 100% convinced ;)

I believe it worked also like that in 3.5
--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can always enter the ral and complex part separately and combine tem in the equations or with an anlytical function (do not forget to turn on the "can produce Complex data from real arguments) Test it out with a simple eample to be 100% convinced ;) I believe it worked also like that in 3.5 -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 3, 2012, 6:39 a.m. EST
Thanks, Ivar!

I think this is the way to get around the problem.
Thanks, Ivar! I think this is the way to get around the problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.