Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

heat flux does not change anything in one geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have two geometries: one small test geometry and a big one. Both geometries are models of heat transfer from hot air flow and a thermoelectric electricity generation as a result of this heat transfer.

In the small test system I do simulations without heat flux in inlet and outlet. I get some results. Then I do a simiar simulation, this time with 80 w/m2 heat flux in inlet and outlet. I get results with increased temperature in the teg. The temperature is about 30 degrees higher in the second simulation with heat flux.

In the big geometry, everything works in a similar manner principally, only the geometry is bigger. But simulations with heat flux and without give the same results. No temperature change on the teg. To be sure, in this system I increased the heat flux up to 8000 w/m2 but still I am getting the same temperatures.

What could be the problem? Can you help?

I am attaching the screenshots from the heat flux tabs for both geometries. I can supply more information.

0 Replies Last Post Nov 28, 2020, 9:42 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Murat Tamer Ataol

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.