Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to model 3D two-phase flow modeling of a dense suspension

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to model in 3D, a two-phase flow of a dense suspension (Case 1) for my thesis, but got stuck as i need to transform most of the equations to 3D.

I am using the user guide which is in 2D (Case 1) to model in 3D. I will need the expressions for the following:

J3 (Particle flux, z direction) under Options - Expressions > Scalar expressions

Which of the points should I select and what to type under Physics menu > Equation system > Point setting

Boundary conditions, what to type under velocities: under Mixture Model (chmm) > Boundary settings

The expression for shear rate in 3D under: Model Tree >PDE General form (g) > subdomain settings

Many thanks and additional help will be highly appreciated

0 Replies Last Post Apr 22, 2012, 8:16 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello titusofei

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.