Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem by installing Comsol 3.3 on Windows 7

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am installing Comsol 3.3 on Win 7. I run into a problem when I am trying to load the lisense file.
When I click the Browse button it notices:

Error: 9040
Fatal error.
- Type: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Any tips on how to avoid this?
Thanks!

3 Replies Last Post Dec 18, 2013, 4:45 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 29, 2010, 1:29 a.m. EST
Hi

Well not to discourrage you but personally I have given up loading any "old" software on any "new" OS from MS.

You need compatibility at three levels and all combinations: COMSOL => Java, OS and licence SW

It's along time since one was saying "a VAX is a VAX and remains a VAX", now everything is changing from version to version

Good luck
Ivar
Hi Well not to discourrage you but personally I have given up loading any "old" software on any "new" OS from MS. You need compatibility at three levels and all combinations: COMSOL => Java, OS and licence SW It's along time since one was saying "a VAX is a VAX and remains a VAX", now everything is changing from version to version Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 10, 2013, 1:52 p.m. EST
Hi chen,

Did you manage to get around this error ?

I have the same error when I try to install COMSOL 3.5a on Win7. I was using COMSOL 3.5a on Win7 on this same machine but had to reformat Win7 and ended up loosing the COMSOL installation. I can't seem to re-install it now.

Thanks,

Venkat
Hi chen, Did you manage to get around this error ? I have the same error when I try to install COMSOL 3.5a on Win7. I was using COMSOL 3.5a on Win7 on this same machine but had to reformat Win7 and ended up loosing the COMSOL installation. I can't seem to re-install it now. Thanks, Venkat

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 18, 2013, 4:45 a.m. EST
I'm facing the same problem. Would you solve it? If yes, how? I'm using Windows 7 Profession (32 bit).
I'm facing the same problem. Would you solve it? If yes, how? I'm using Windows 7 Profession (32 bit).

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.