Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Ill-conditioned preconditioner.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I started working with this software a few days ago, I have watched and read many tutorials. I am now simulating an oversimplified version of another project but when I try to compute the solution I always get the same error
"Ill-conditioned preconditioner Increase factor in error estimate to... " I am not sure what I am doing wrong since its a very simple geometry and very simple conjugate heat transfer problem.

Help on this will be kindly appreciated.
thank you

2 Replies Last Post Jun 18, 2012, 9:23 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 14, 2012, 11:17 a.m. EDT
Hi

if I were you, I would remove the Heat transfer in Fluid module (delete), then switch the main NITF node from heat transfer in solid to heat transfer in fluid (as master model), then add a Domain Heat transfer in Solid node and select your solid "2"

Then use a normal or finer mesh

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if I were you, I would remove the Heat transfer in Fluid module (delete), then switch the main NITF node from heat transfer in solid to heat transfer in fluid (as master model), then add a Domain Heat transfer in Solid node and select your solid "2" Then use a normal or finer mesh -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 18, 2012, 9:23 a.m. EDT
Thank you very much.
Thank you very much.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.