Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Induced current in a transformer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good evening,

I am running a simple 2d model of a single phase transformer. I am imposing a current at the primary and I want to obtain the induced current in the secondary. How can I couple the two sections of the secondary coil in which obviously the induced current is the same (on one side going into the plane and on the other side going out of the plane)? For now I can only see current in the section inside the core.

Thank you, Enrico

1 Reply Last Post Apr 29, 2023, 1:54 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 12 months ago Apr 29, 2023, 1:54 p.m. EDT
Updated: 12 months ago Apr 29, 2023, 1:55 p.m. EDT

First of all, there may be some challenges to accomplishing your objectives using a 2D, rather than a 3D model. A simple 2D model imposes infinite translational symmetry in the direction perpendicular to the plane. Sanity check: Does your mental picture of the transformer extend to infinity in that direction? I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
First of all, there may be some challenges to accomplishing your objectives using a 2D, rather than a 3D model. A simple 2D model imposes infinite translational symmetry in the direction perpendicular to the plane. Sanity check: Does your mental picture of the transformer extend to infinity in that direction? I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.