Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Version 4.3a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I just download the version 4.3a
which previous version is 4.3
Now I having difficulty on open the file took about a hour to loaded.
the problem is extended to saving the file. I wait for very long to time to set-up all the physic requirement
now i can't save the file.. Hope comsol looking for the root cause..

I just lost a lot of time.

1 Reply Last Post Oct 24, 2012, 3:44 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 24, 2012, 3:44 a.m. EDT
Hi
I have been using 4.3a for at least 20 days now, never had such issues.

But if you are opening a >1GB solved model&data file from an older version it's clear many things might have to be updated. Perhaps if you save it as a cleared mesh and model file (+ reset history to compact that part) in 4.3 then open it in 4.3a and solve it again it would go quicker

Anyhow COMSOL cant look into such things so long you do not send the file and the explanations to COMSOL "support", as here on the Forum we are only Users

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I have been using 4.3a for at least 20 days now, never had such issues. But if you are opening a >1GB solved model&data file from an older version it's clear many things might have to be updated. Perhaps if you save it as a cleared mesh and model file (+ reset history to compact that part) in 4.3 then open it in 4.3a and solve it again it would go quicker Anyhow COMSOL cant look into such things so long you do not send the file and the explanations to COMSOL "support", as here on the Forum we are only Users -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.