Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

importing mesh .vrml and having geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have imported mesh with a file .vrml and Comsol doesn't recognize it's geometry, that is to say, I have no subdomains in "physics".

I tried to create geometry from mesh but in the guide, it's used only for refine the mesh or use an adaptative solver. My computer crash when I would like to create geometry from mesh.

I don't know what I have to do.

Thanks.

Marie

6 Replies Last Post Feb 17, 2010, 3:22 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 16, 2010, 11:11 a.m. EST
Comsol can't considere a volume with a 3D surface meshes ??
Comsol can't considere a volume with a 3D surface meshes ??

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 16, 2010, 11:14 a.m. EST
Hi,

Normally it should, I don't know where is the problem!!especially that the program crashes!!!
It can be your file. try to load your file with another soft and take a look on its geometry.
Or try to coerce your geometry to solid after importing it in Comsol

I hope it helps

Cheers
Hi, Normally it should, I don't know where is the problem!!especially that the program crashes!!! It can be your file. try to load your file with another soft and take a look on its geometry. Or try to coerce your geometry to solid after importing it in Comsol I hope it helps Cheers

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 16, 2010, 11:38 a.m. EST
thanks for your reply.

Comsol imported it and I can see in Comsol how it looks like, but when I go into physics, I can't check a subdomain, there is nothing.
I can't check boundaries too ...
I don't know why ...

Coerce to solid did nothing.

Marie
thanks for your reply. Comsol imported it and I can see in Comsol how it looks like, but when I go into physics, I can't check a subdomain, there is nothing. I can't check boundaries too ... I don't know why ... Coerce to solid did nothing. Marie

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 16, 2010, 1:07 p.m. EST
If it is convenient, you can post the .vrml file, I will try to load it with Comsol and take a look.
If it is convenient, you can post the .vrml file, I will try to load it with Comsol and take a look.

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 17, 2010, 3:11 a.m. EST
I can't attached the file on this website, I don't manage it.
Do you have an email ?

Thank you very much !
I can't attached the file on this website, I don't manage it. Do you have an email ? Thank you very much !

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 17, 2010, 3:22 a.m. EST
Usually, when we import a 3D surface mesh, comsol recognize directly a volume ?
Usually, when we import a 3D surface mesh, comsol recognize directly a volume ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.