Simulating Gas Mixture with Gas Specific Volume Force

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm currently working on simulating a mixture of two gases, oxygen, and nitrogen. I want to apply a volume force only to oxygen such that the concentration increases locally.

Specifically, I'm working on the paramagnetic effects of oxygen, and how the gas composition changes in close to a strong magnet. Until now I have a fluid simulation where with a volume force applied that is dependent on the magnetic field. However, it is not possible to separate the gasses this way.

I'm using COMSOL 6.2, and any guidance on the appropriate physics module or settings would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Replies Last Post Feb 10, 2024, 5:47 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dennis

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.