Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problems on modeling magnetoelectric material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there ,I am recently modeling magnetoelectric material, but I have some problem with it ,which is the stress was not right coupled between magnetostrictive material and piezoelectric one. there do is stress ,but no diplacement . I referred to the example of nonlinear_magnetostriction_actuator_sensor. while the difference is that the magnetic field in my model is provided with a permanent magnet. so my question is what's the different between MF(no current) and MF on my situation. moreover, how to define the boundary conditions if I want it to transfer stress, or strain? thank you very much !

2 Replies Last Post Jan 24, 2018, 7:50 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Charve Lau

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 7 years ago Nov 9, 2016, 8:37 a.m. EST
Updated: 7 years ago Sep 13, 2017, 8:04 a.m. EDT
Hey, I was modelling a magnetostrictive material, and in that I faced problem in the coupling of elastic and magnetic properties. I was trying to carry out static analysis using "Stationary". But it wasn't generating any magnetic field on application of load on top surface. Can you please suggest me some possible solutions if you have?
Thank you.
Hey, I was modelling a magnetostrictive material, and in that I faced problem in the coupling of elastic and magnetic properties. I was trying to carry out static analysis using "Stationary". But it wasn't generating any magnetic field on application of load on top surface. Can you please suggest me some possible solutions if you have? Thank you.

Posted: 6 years ago Jan 24, 2018, 7:50 a.m. EST

I also have been doing research of magnetostrictive material, do you have Chinese QQ contact, I contact QQ, 383156448 You can add me to communicate together And my email sxycyzhj@sina.cn

I also have been doing research of magnetostrictive material, do you have Chinese QQ contact, I contact QQ, 383156448 You can add me to communicate together And my email sxycyzhj@sina.cn

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.