Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

fem error while computing acoustical behaviours for more than 1 cells

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm using the model of Tetrakaidecahedron to compute the acoustical behaviours of foam. Everything goes well with just one cell. The process is like:

----------------------------------
g1 % tetrak cell
g2 = block3(dimx,dimy,dimz,'base','corner','pos',{xmin ymin zmin}, ...
'axis',{'0','0','1'},'rot','0'); % the cube that contains the tetrak cell

g3=geomcomp({g1,g2},'ns',{'CO1','BLK1'},'sf','BLK1-CO1','repairtol', ...
1.0E-4,'face','none','edge','all'); % the fluid phase on which the calculation is executed

But when i include more than one cell in the computation. Let's say i would calculate on a cube of 2x2x2 cells using some operators like mirror or move to split the original cell g3. It doesn't work even the Meshextend processing is done. An error message appears

fem.elemcpl{1}.map{1}.dv must be a cell array of strings
??? Error using ==> fem2jxfem at 50
Errors found in FEM structure.

Error in ==> multiphysics at 81
jxfem=fem2jxfem(fem,femname(inputname(1),fem),{'lib'},false,false);

Error in ==> testmainfunction at 760
fem=multiphysics(fem);

I have no idea this is due to the overlapping elements by mirror/move or other errors. If anyone experienced the same computing problem, i appreciate your advices.
(the attached image below is the meshing process where my codes end)

Thanks in advance,

TRINH

0 Replies Last Post May 31, 2010, 9:43 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello TRINH Quoc Tuan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.