Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solidworks Importing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I am having some trouble importing 3d models from solidworks to comsol 3.5a. I tried saving it has .x_t files but Comsol would not recognize the file type. Is there a way of saving them as .mphbin files?

Thanks,

will

1 Reply Last Post Jun 10, 2010, 5:22 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 10, 2010, 5:22 a.m. EDT
Hello Will,

The extension .mphbin is dedicated for Comsol and you wouldn't expect any other software export the geometry in that file format. Unless, you are using the 3-Matic software from Materialize, as they can create native Comsol mesh files.

I can advise you to check the list of file extensions under File>Import>CAD Data From File.. menu. Depending on your license status, you will see the list of file extensions that you can use to import geometries from other CAD tools.

Regards,
Onur
Hello Will, The extension .mphbin is dedicated for Comsol and you wouldn't expect any other software export the geometry in that file format. Unless, you are using the 3-Matic software from Materialize, as they can create native Comsol mesh files. I can advise you to check the list of file extensions under File>Import>CAD Data From File.. menu. Depending on your license status, you will see the list of file extensions that you can use to import geometries from other CAD tools. Regards, Onur

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.