Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Postprocessing in 3D (version 4)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.
I have question about visualization of body contour in cross section in 3D model. I have cylindrical model of lava intrusion inside some sedimentary layers. I have generated slice with contour (isotherms) and I would like to see borders between particular parts of model (sedimentary layers, intrusion). The problem is distortion of borders, because on the 2D slice, the borders are still 3D (see attached plot).

Thanks.

Petr D.

2 Replies Last Post Jun 18, 2010, 9:28 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 18, 2010, 7:57 a.m. EDT
Hi

I'm not sure I understand you correctly, nor the image, but a few tips:

1) I often use single colour contour plots of type white or red to better see the contour shapes, and turn off the legend
2) the deformations, in V4 are set per image, so you enable it or disable/delete it plot by plot (rightclick), but you must apply it on both surface, slice and contours if you overlap all (anyhow surface + contour mostly meeses up, I use only one of th two at one time
3) I'm sure the wire plot of the model (undeformed) is set somewhere, but just now I cannot tell where

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure I understand you correctly, nor the image, but a few tips: 1) I often use single colour contour plots of type white or red to better see the contour shapes, and turn off the legend 2) the deformations, in V4 are set per image, so you enable it or disable/delete it plot by plot (rightclick), but you must apply it on both surface, slice and contours if you overlap all (anyhow surface + contour mostly meeses up, I use only one of th two at one time 3) I'm sure the wire plot of the model (undeformed) is set somewhere, but just now I cannot tell where Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 18, 2010, 9:28 a.m. EDT
Hi,

To change the default view settings, go to 'View' node displayed under 'Results', and set as per your requirements.

To view wireframe select the plot Volume/Surface and in the Settings window go to Coloring and Style then select Wireframe check box.

Hope this will help you

AndyT
Hi, To change the default view settings, go to 'View' node displayed under 'Results', and set as per your requirements. To view wireframe select the plot Volume/Surface and in the Settings window go to Coloring and Style then select Wireframe check box. Hope this will help you AndyT

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.