Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol Tutorial

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey,

I am a beginner of Comsol and could anyone point me where can I find tutorial of Comsol 4.0? I tried to find some but not good.

I am going to simulate a valveless micropump which is actuated by a PZT disk. Therefore, structural and fluid simulation are required. Anyone got relative example which is built by 4.0 I really appreciate.

Many thanks everyone.

8 Replies Last Post Sep 3, 2019, 1:26 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 12, 2010, 7:26 a.m. EDT

Hey,

I am a beginner of Comsol and could anyone point me where can I find tutorial of Comsol 4.0? I tried to find some but not good.

I am going to simulate a valveless micropump which is actuated by a PZT disk. Therefore, structural and fluid simulation are required. Anyone got relative example which is built by 4.0 I really appreciate.

Many thanks everyone.

Comsol has tutorials inside its help files and model library (the pdfs). They are usually quite good to start. Otherwise I do not know of any nice tutorials outside comsol, especially since it is a rather new release.
[QUOTE] Hey, I am a beginner of Comsol and could anyone point me where can I find tutorial of Comsol 4.0? I tried to find some but not good. I am going to simulate a valveless micropump which is actuated by a PZT disk. Therefore, structural and fluid simulation are required. Anyone got relative example which is built by 4.0 I really appreciate. Many thanks everyone. [/QUOTE] Comsol has tutorials inside its help files and model library (the pdfs). They are usually quite good to start. Otherwise I do not know of any nice tutorials outside comsol, especially since it is a rather new release.

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 12, 2010, 7:39 a.m. EDT
Hey,

Thank you so much indeed.

I went to help and could you let me know how to get that pdf files? I tried documentation but it looks like a menu and I found model folder under Comsol installation path but there are no pdf file exiting there only geometry file and relative files which are opened by Comsol.

Could you point out?

Many thanks.
Hey, Thank you so much indeed. I went to help and could you let me know how to get that pdf files? I tried documentation but it looks like a menu and I found model folder under Comsol installation path but there are no pdf file exiting there only geometry file and relative files which are opened by Comsol. Could you point out? Many thanks.

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 12, 2010, 8:14 a.m. EDT

Hey,

Thank you so much indeed.

I went to help and could you let me know how to get that pdf files? I tried documentation but it looks like a menu and I found model folder under Comsol installation path but there are no pdf file exiting there only geometry file and relative files which are opened by Comsol.

Could you point out?

Many thanks.

In Comsol menu, click on documentation and in the browser you will see a list of all the pdf files related to each module. In each of them there are loads of examples. Also, on left side there are docs related to each model, from start to finish.

hint: cl.ly/a583ef8fafbffc87f9f0
[QUOTE] Hey, Thank you so much indeed. I went to help and could you let me know how to get that pdf files? I tried documentation but it looks like a menu and I found model folder under Comsol installation path but there are no pdf file exiting there only geometry file and relative files which are opened by Comsol. Could you point out? Many thanks. [/QUOTE] In Comsol menu, click on documentation and in the browser you will see a list of all the pdf files related to each module. In each of them there are loads of examples. Also, on left side there are docs related to each model, from start to finish. hint: http://cl.ly/a583ef8fafbffc87f9f0

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 12, 2010, 8:41 a.m. EDT
I got it. haha.

Thank you so much for help.

Cheers.
I got it. haha. Thank you so much for help. Cheers.

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 12, 2010, 8:49 a.m. EDT
have fun ;)
have fun ;)

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 17, 2010, 3:43 a.m. EDT
There is in particular one tutorial that we worked on to include explanatory elements of all key features in the software. It is available both in a web based version and a downloadable pdf:
www.comsol.com/products/tutorials/introduction/

regards
Niklas
There is in particular one tutorial that we worked on to include explanatory elements of all key features in the software. It is available both in a web based version and a downloadable pdf: http://www.comsol.com/products/tutorials/introduction/ regards Niklas

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 17, 2010, 5:01 a.m. EDT
Thanks a lot.

This is real helpful for understanding of multiphysics.

Best wishes.

Thanks a lot. This is real helpful for understanding of multiphysics. Best wishes.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Sep 3, 2019, 1:26 p.m. EDT

This thread is rather old, but since it has accumulated many views over the years, I'll point out that for the last year or so a very good self-training resource is the COMSOL Learning Center where you will find tutorial videos for all major steps of the modeling process, from set-up to post-processing.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
This thread is rather old, but since it has accumulated many views over the years, I'll point out that for the last year or so a very good self-training resource is the [COMSOL Learning Center](https://www.comsol.com/learning-center) where you will find tutorial videos for all major steps of the modeling process, from set-up to post-processing. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.