Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

heat transfer coefficient

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I need the value of heat transfer coefficient for silicon (MEMS)

1 Reply Last Post Oct 1, 2009, 7:55 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 1, 2009, 7:55 a.m. EDT
Hi

What about looking into the "Handbook of Chemistry and Physics" try section 12-77, of my 86th edition:
crystalline (diamond structure) Si specific heat (@300K) [J/kg/K] = 702,
thermal conductivity (@300K) [mW/cm/K] 1240 ,
density 2.329 [g/cm^3],
thermal expansion (@300K) 2.6 [um/m/K],
section 12-82 you have static dielectric constant 11.9,
index of refraction 3.49 (@589nm)
(funnily no extinction coefficient)

Carefull with the special units, this US book is not really SI, and further, for the young modulus get your local coordinate frame correct, in fact I had expeced a few of the items above to also be lattice orientation dependent, maybe not ?

Another way is to Google: thermal properties of Silicone

it would have been quicker (for you) no ?

Have fun
Ivar
Hi What about looking into the "Handbook of Chemistry and Physics" try section 12-77, of my 86th edition: crystalline (diamond structure) Si specific heat (@300K) [J/kg/K] = 702, thermal conductivity (@300K) [mW/cm/K] 1240 , density 2.329 [g/cm^3], thermal expansion (@300K) 2.6 [um/m/K], section 12-82 you have static dielectric constant 11.9, index of refraction 3.49 (@589nm) (funnily no extinction coefficient) ... Carefull with the special units, this US book is not really SI, and further, for the young modulus get your local coordinate frame correct, in fact I had expeced a few of the items above to also be lattice orientation dependent, maybe not ? Another way is to Google: thermal properties of Silicone it would have been quicker (for you) no ? Have fun Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.