Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Point constraint stops when changing solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I have set up a 2D model using General Heat Transfer, WC Navier-Stokes and DC.
Gas is heated in a confined domain by current, and convection cells build up.
Because the volume of the gas is constant, p has to fulfill the additional constraint
that the subdomain integrated equation -p_integrated*one_over_T_integrated+p0/T0=0, i.e. mean pressure has to rise
if the mean temperature does. I have written this contraint in to the "constr" field of a point.
If I start the model using the solver "Time-dependend segregated" I can watch the
gas heat up and the pressure rises to fulfill the ideal gas law. That's fine.
As I'm using DC current for testing the model, pressure, temperature and velocity field
will become stationary after the system has heated up, so "Stationary segregated" should
come to rest as well after some time. But in this case pressure drops down to zero and the
solver stops, as if the constraint is not evaluated any more.
Using "Time-dependend segregated" everything is fine.

I'd appreciate any clue...

0 Replies Last Post Oct 2, 2009, 7:54 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Markus Berger

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.