Overview of Simulating Joule Heating with COMSOL Software
- Introduction and Agenda (0:00)
- Why Simulate Joule Heating? (1:02)
- Using COMSOL to Simulate Joule Heating (7:55)
- Joule Heating Applications (10:09)
- Demonstration: Fuse on a Circuit Board (14:51)
- Further Model Development (27:42)
- Other DC Applications (32:09)
- Q&A Session (34:04)
- How to Try COMSOL Multiphysics (51:32)
This archived webinar provides an overview of simulating Joule heating with COMSOL Multiphysics. Also referred to as ohmic or resistive heating, Joule heating commonly affects material properties, such as electrical conductivity. A few examples of where this occurs includes conductors in fuses, electronics, power lines, and electric heaters.
Watch to learn how you can easily set up and solve a Joule heating simulation using COMSOL software.
Language Availability : english